The Relevance of Schooling
Schooling is a process any person must go through to receive an education. Education, in every sense, is key and fundamental to the growth and development of the country. It affects the social, economic, and political constitution of any nation, community, state, or country. It also boosts people’s knowledge and understanding to manage their day-to-day activities and improve their standard of living. If the quality-of-life increases, there would be positive economic implications.
Also, education enlightens and prepares wards for career purposes, but it also teaches morals and prepares children for leadership roles. It also advances technology and boosts the spirit of entrepreneurship. It is a form of investment in the future of the country. As a key factor in reducing the poverty level, education serves as a tool for boosting a country’s GDP and enhancing economic growth.
Education also impacts other sectors, such as health. A deficiency in the education sector spells doom for other sectors.
The following are factors that determine good education in any society:
A Functional and Conducive Learning Environment
We are impacted a great deal by our environment. Hence, a school’s learning condition must be inclusive, conducive, healthy, secured, and adaptive for children living with disabilities.
Good and Relevant Educational Content
The content of education being taught is of value and great importance. A good curriculum must not only prepare the students for the future but also highlight the basic skills needed to take on life, e.g., nutrition and personal hygiene.
Adequate Funding for School Systems
Funding is integral to the successful running of a school. It ensures effective organisation in schools.
Effective Monitoring and Supervision Of Schools
Schools must be adequately monitored to ensure the best education is offered.
Functional And Demonstrative System Of Teaching
A practical system of learning must be incorporated.
Establishing A Good Standard of Education for Teachers
Quality teachers are instrumental in quality education.
Equitable Distribution of Funds and Resources to Schools
In Australia, children are assigned to schools, and this depends holistically on their place of residence. A study carried out shows the grudge against this system. Family First also supports that there should be a choice in schooling to obtain maximum benefits and satisfaction.
Choices In Schooling
- Parents should be permitted to choose the type of schools their children go to based on their beliefs and convictions. They should be allowed to assess the goal, vision, and values of a school to help them choose.
- There should be equitable distribution of funds and resources to public and private schools and the passing of laws to support it.
- Independence of each school to freely appoints its staff and resolve issues relating to school development projects without unnecessary interference and influence.
The benefits of allowing choices to be made independent of the government’s influence are that:
- It represents the choice of the parent.
- It boosts efficiency in school and guarantees students success.
- It enhances creativity and innovation.
- It strengthens bonds between communities.